Preventing growth of fungus in kitchen is a big headache for any homemaker. It is otherwise called ‘mold’. The basic reason for its growth is moisture, which is unavoidable in kitchens. The other one being lack of ventilation. Mold grows on any thing whose main motto is decomposition.
Many become sick with the mold exposure. It can cause allergy, nausea, lung related illnesses, and often learning disability in children. Who doesn’t want to get rid of such a ‘thing’?
Reduce the moisture in kitchens to up to 50% and cross ventilate your kitchen. Poor ventilation is the key to mold growth. Install ceiling fans and using your exhaust while cooking is a must. Kitchen is the prime area where there is a rapid change of temperatures. So try to keep the cabinet water free. Fix any plumbing leakages immediately. Use antibacterial spray daily to clean the counter top.
Here are a few tips to avoid moisture in cabinets.
1. Put a cup of bicarbonate soda in the cabinet. It absorbs the excess moisture and keeps the cabinet dry.
2. Silica gel also will help absorbing the moisture.
3. Bleach helps in preventing mold growth. Use bleach as daily spray if there is excessive growth.
If the mold growth is excess that it can’t be managed by you, consult a professional and get your kitchen cleaned up. Good luck! 🙂