Today ie on 5th June, we are celebrating World Environment Day. Man is a product of his environment as we knew but the reverse seems to be true these days. The environment which our fathers and grand fathers used to see is no more for us. There are no more surplus of green cover. All we can see is the pollution and deficit ground water levels.
As a matter of fact, I do want you to know some freaky factual about our deeds with respect to environment.
- Almost 100 cows die a day in the country as a result of eating discarded plastic bags. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- The number of vehicles in the country are expected to triple by the year 2015, spewing out trillions of Carbon Dioxide
- Signing up the e-statements for the banking and credit card transactions, will save millions of mails and indirectly conserve the trees, water and environment finally
- A flat LCD monitor saves one third of electricity instead of the old CRT monitor
- Replace incandescent bulbs with CFLs. The compact fluorescent light lasts 10 times longer and saves one third of electricity than the normal ones.
- Use cloth diapers instead of plastic diapers for your child
- Prefer to be vegetarian than turning to red meat
- Put sweaters instead of heaters
- Wash your car with micro fiber instead of wasting gallons of water
- Use talcum powder instead of deospray
- Don’t switch on all the fans and lights
- Prefer walking instead of driving a car to the nearest retail outlet
These may be the simple tips but it saves our environment from being burnt out in the race of development.