Before I knew much about marketing and affiliates online I had absolutely no interest in BLOGS. But Blogs can be extremely profitable. First of all, it is free to have as many blogs as you like, about as many different topics as you like.
Just signup with either www.blogger.com or www.wordpress.com and within minutes you can have your own website online. YES, it is your own website. The domain name may be something like, http://yoursite.blogspot.com and you can either use that or purchase a domain name and then forward it to your blog URL. Visit the site for complete instructions on Affordable Web Hosting and how to forward your domain.
Please note: It is completely free to forward a domain. The price per domain is anywhere from $9-20.00 per year! If you forward a domain then you do not need to pay for web hosting, only the one-time payment to purchase the actual domain name.
Internet marketing is constantly changing, but one thing that is known is search engines index blogs more frequently than regular websites (created in Frontpage). Some people believe that Blogs are the future of all websites and will completely overtake the Internet.
Now, the big decision: WordPress or Blogger?
After thorough research, here are my conclusions regarding the two:
1. Setup procedure is easy. It doesn’t matter whether you are a technical guy or not.
2. You can select template online. There are countless templates to choose from for your blog.
3. Hundreds of FREE wordpress plugins that stand for extra features.
4. You can install the blog on your own domain name.
5. You can very easily configure categories and web pages.
1. Simple setup procedure.
2. Easily modify the comments.
3. Ability to email to make new posts.
4. You can store picture without external linking.
5. Looks like a typical blog.