In the field of AFFILIATE MARKETING, not all landing pages are created equal. You need to use a certain style and format for your landing page to make it most attractive to the visitors. The typical landing page is done up in direct marketing style much like a sales letter.
1. Use a large compelling headline at the top of your page.
2. Use black font on a white background
3. Use readable fonts such as Arial, Tahoma, Verdana and Georgia
4. Use graphics if appropriate
5. Keep your website clean and slick
6. Use a picture of yourself on the page to build trust and credibility
7. Use good copy writing sense. Write in active voice. Stress benefits of your offer. Write directly to the reader as if he or she was sitting across from you.
8. Stress more on your offer than the subscription to your mailing list.
9. Place links to your Privacy Page and Contact Page on your landing page.
10. Set up a blog which you link to somewhere on your landing page.
11. Have a link to a site map available on your landing page.
Those last three points are to help you avoid the new ‘Google Slap’ quality score penalty.
1. Use a saturated resale rights product as your offer.
2. Make your landing page too long. This is not a sales letter.
3. Fail to state the benefits clearly and succinctly
4. Have an unappealing offer. Make sure you test and track. If people aren’t subscribing, then there is probably something wrong with your offer.
5. Forget to list your benefits in bullet point format. This can kill your landing page altogether. You need to put benefits in order to highlight them and draw the visitor’s eyes to them.
6. Drive the wrong kind of traffic to your landing page. E.g., Do not send dog owners to a page intended for cat owners.