Must know safety tips for kids who use the internet.
There may be many tips regarding internet usage. It is very rare to find safety tips for kids with respect to internet usage. This article helps you to keep your kids safe and use the internet.
No doubt, the internet is an excellent place to dwell but at the same time, it is equally dangerous for kids. If you follow the safety tips then you can enjoy the stay and browsing experience as it imparts lots of knowledge.
The first thing you should do is inform the kids about the advantages and the disadvantages of internet usage. Most of the parents limit themselves to the advantages. This is a wrong practice. You need to tell them how dangerous the internet is when ineffectively used. Follow these safety rules and enjoy the internet browsing.
Internet Safety Tips for Kids:
- You should never disclose personal details such as passwords, phone numbers, bank details, credit card etc. These days most of the teenagers are very much interested in sharing their photos on the net which is really a bad practice.
- Don’t indulge in online chatting when you are not aware of the other person.
- Don’t register yourself at any website. It should be done only under the guidance of parents.
- Never use any public computer centers for accessing the internet.
- If you happen to get a mail from any stranger then just leave it aside without any reply.
- If you are required to furnish username then don’t give your personal details. Parents should be accompanied while doing such registrations.
- You should never disclose the details of your family on the net.
- If you happen to see any colorful banners, don’t try to click or even close with the mouse. Always use the keyboard shortcut for closing the pop-up ads.
- Never click on celebrity named emails. They are just fake mails built-in with viruses. Ask your parent to download the reputed ANTI VIRUS software program.
- A keylogger will always be helpful in tracking the internet activities.
Moreover, it is has been estimated that 90 percent of the internet connected PC’s are prone to spyware attack. ANTI SPYWARE software protects your PC from spyware and adware.
If you are looking for comprehensive PC protection, then just go with INTERNET SECURITY SUITE software. Happy Internet Browsing!